Ensuring the health and safety of those around us.
Aiming to ensure the safety of our employees, business partners and communities is at the core of everything we do.
We continuously strive to undertake our business activities with absolutely no accidents, no harm to people, and no harm to the environment. We target zero incidents, zero accidents and zero spills. We are committed to reducing the environmental impact of our business, including the greenhouse gas footprint of our operations.
In endeavoring to achieve this aspiration, each of our three management companies has developed and implemented a Health, Safety, Security, Quality, Energy and Environmental Management Policy based on our longstanding experience and industry best practice.
How we create a safe working environment
We operate our Safety, Security, Quality, Energy and Environmental Management Systems according to the following principles:
- Every single employee, at every level, is bound by the respective Health, Safety, Security, Quality, Energy and Environmental Management Policy.
- We recognize and acknowledge the importance of the human element to our safety performance, and are committed to continuously improving our safety culture.
- All employees and contractors must adopt safe work practices, comply with health, safety, security, quality, energy and environmental policies and procedures, and report hazards and unsafe work practices. We actively encourage such approaches.
- All employees and contractors are authorized and obliged to stop work whenever they consider it unsafe.
- We strive to create and maintain a culture where all employees support this core commitment to safety as a first priority.
- We ensure all employees are provided with adequate information and instructions on our health, safety, security, energy and environmental policies and procedures.
- We develop and implement training programs to improve our employees’ skills and knowledge about health, safety, energy efficiency and the way we need to work.
- We provide our employees with appropriate equipment and facilities to undertake their work in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- We protect our people, our principals’ assets, and our clients’ interests from threats to their security by implementing appropriate security countermeasures.
- We proactively undertake integrated efforts to improve the energy efficiency of our activities and to respect and protect the environment in which we operate.
- We monitor our performance on an ongoing basis via Safety, Security, Quality, Energy and Environmental Key Performance Indicators.