Plan Approval Engineer
Thenamaris is currently coordinating the supervision and construction of a number of newbuildings in shipyards in the Far East. The Plan Approval Engineer is part of the Head Office team based in Athens and is responsible for reviewing and verifying technical drawings of New Building projects, assuring that all technical specifications described in the agreement contract with the shipyards are correctly depicted on drawings and are in complete compliance with applicable standards, rules and requirements. Handling and monitoring all correspondence with 3rd parties (mainly Shipyard, Site Office and other parties like Classification Society), offering remote technical advice to field operations and Site Offices are core accountabilities of the role. Depending on Head Office priorities and projects’ status the individual might need to periodically attend the Site Office.
Education, Experience & Skills
- University degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Minimum two years of relevant working experience in plan approval of New Buildings projects
- Proficiency in English at an oral and written level
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines and work effectively as a team member
- Attention to detail and cautiousness
- Strong communication and negotiation skills combined with the ability to work in a multinational environment
- PC literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with CAD drawing software is an asset
The role is permanent and is based in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
If you are in search of a first-class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.