Insurance & Claims Officer
The Insurance & Claims Department closely monitors the fleet’s day-to-day commercial activities to assist and advise all other Departments as and when necessary on issues that may be affecting any of the fleet insurance covers. The Department is constantly liaising with the relevant marine insurance markets globally, in order to ensure that the Company’s insurance needs are timely and accurately addressed at competitive price levels. The Department also actively manages all insurance claims and situations that may give rise to claims, striving to achieve a commercial advantage for the fleet under management.
Within the Department, the Insurance & Claims Officer will monitor marine and non-marine insurance covers, will liaise with insurance providers to request quotations, process queries and discuss claims. The individual will be handling all aspects of P&I and H&M claims, referring cases to lawyers where necessary.
In addition, the Insurance & Claims Officer will maintain the claims and other relevant databases, issue the insurance certificates for the fleet and process invoices for insurance premia in a timely manner.
The position is permanent and is based in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
Education, Experience & Skills
The ideal candidate will be a responsible and dynamic individual, paying close attention to detail and with a team-oriented mindset. The following characteristics and skills are required:
- Work experience of 3 to 5 years specifically in the Marine Insurance field, e.g. P&I Club, Insurance Company or Broker, Shipping Company etc. with a focus on claims; familiarity with international regulations’ compliance would be an asset
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Studies relevant to Shipping would be an asset
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize workload; work well under pressure and in demanding situations
- PC literacy, advanced user of MS Office
- Strong interpersonal skills; capable of effectively communicating with internal and external business stakeholders
If you are in search of a first-class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.