We are looking for an Electrical Superintendent to join our Technical Department / Electrical section. The role reports to the Electrical Supervisor and is responsible for the proper function, maintenance and repairs of electrical energy, automation, radio navigation, telecommunication and industrial network systems and equipment, as well as for monitoring and controlling the running expenses of the relevant systems for assigned supervised vessels. The role also contributes to the newbuildings specification and design processes, develops and ensures streamlined execution of projects aiming to sustain and further improve the operational lifetime of the electrical systems on board the vessels. The Electrical Superintendent supervises dry dock projects and provides technical support to Superintendent Engineers and ship’s personnel as well as attends vessel repairs in extraordinary cases. The role also ensures that all procedures related to the supervised systems are adhered to and comply with International Safety Management (ISM), classification society and other statutory rules.
Education, Experience & Skills
To be considered for this role, you should meet the below requirements:
- Degree in the discipline of Electrical Engineering is required. An MSc in a relevant field would be considered an asset
- Previous experience in a technical role entailing Electrical Engineering knowledge; working experience as Electrical Engineer or Electrical Superintendent in the shipping industry would be ideal. Alternatively, experience as Electro-technical officer (ETO) on board ships or as Electrical supervisor in new buildings would also be a strong asset
- Solid project management skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
- Flexibility for frequent travelling
If you are in search of a first-class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.