Thenamaris invites high caliber professionals to apply for the position of Disbursements Operator in the Operations department.
The Disbursements Operator is responsible to control all port expenses and agency fees related to the vessels, aiming to always improve discounts on agencies, tug and launch services through extensive negotiations with port service providers.
More specifically, the individual controls and negotiates all port expenses and agency fees, verifies the authenticity of the supporting vouchers, monitors whether discounts were properly applied, identifies items for charterers’ account and timely submits claim to charterers, correctly allocates the running expenses between several departments throughout the company. In addition, provides timely and reliable information related to port cost matters to Chartering department and finally, participates in optimization projects whenever needed.
The position is permanent and is based in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
Education, Experience & Skills
The ideal candidate will be a responsible and dynamic individual, paying close attention to detail and with a team-oriented mindset. The following characteristics and skills are required:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of professional experience in a similar position in ship management or commodity trading companies
- University degree (BSc and preferably also MSc) in Economics / Maritime / Business or related discipline
- Strong understanding of port tariffs, contracts, charter parties, and terminology associated with the petroleum industry and commercial commodities; Sound knowledge and understanding of marine and terminal operations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Results-oriented approach, strong organizational and time management skills
- PC literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in English at an oral and written level
If you are in search of a first-class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, we look forward to receiving your application.