The Freight & Demurrage Analyst is responsible for securing the commercial income of the organization in the most efficient and timely way. The individual calculates hire, freights, demurrage and/or dispatch due from or due to the Charterers of the vessels assigned. Additionally, he/she issues hire statements, freight invoices, final hire statements and other required documentation, and forwards them to Charterers for prompt settlement. Negotiation with Charterers on any dispute or discrepancy and collaboration with international legal bodies and company’s Legal & Accounting departments are equally important accountabilities of this role.
Freight & Demurrage Analyst
Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and postgraduate studies, preferably in a shipping or maritime law discipline, economics, business or engineering
- Previous experience of 3 – 5 years in the areas of Freight, Demurrage, Post-fixture claims management preferably in Bulk carriers’ sector
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels with internal and external business stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and deliver accurate results
- Accountability, integrity, self-driven attitude and business acumen
- Data analysis and reporting skills will be considered an asset
- PC literacy; excellent use of Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of commercial systems
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written
The position is permanent and is based at the company’s headquarters, in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
If you are in search of a first class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, please submit your CV.