The Electrical & Automation Projects Engineer is responsible for monitoring and overseeing all electrical and machinery aspects related to scrubbers and ballast retrofit works from pre-installation to post-installation. More specifically, the Electrical & Automation Projects Engineer reviews the electrical part of the scrubber-maker drawings as well as the electrical and automation part of the drawings prepared by the yard. Also, he/she is responsible for reviewing and assessing the interface between existing and new electrical systems and circuits ensuring its successful implementation. The role supervises yard’s installation works, verifies that maker’s recommendations on installation have been accommodated and provides technical consultation on site. The attendance of scrubber and ballast treatment systems commissioning and their testing are equally important accountabilities of this role.
Electrical & Automation Projects Engineer
Education, Experience & Skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge on scrubber technologies would be an advantage
- Previous experience in supervision of newbuildings or retrofit projects or experience on board as an Engine Officer is considered critical
- Ability to lead multiple projects at a time
- Willingness to travel worldwide
- Excellent use of the English language at a written and oral level
The position is temporary and is based at the company’s headquarters, in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
If you are in search of a first class working environment in the global ship management industry and meet the above qualifications, please submit your CV.